Monday, April 20, 2015

2015-04-20 Another Great Week.


Hey guys glad to hear that everything is going good on that side of the world.  Here, things are okay.  Just working like normal.

On Monday for P-day, we watched the movie “Meet the Mormons” in Spanish at the stake center.  And yes, I understood every thing in Spanish.  I guess my Spanish is coming along pretty good.  People usually say my companion is the gringo and not me.

Hmmm… I’m trying to think what else we did this week.  Sometimes I just forget about things we have done.  The weeks are just flying by.  I look back and just remember waking up and going to bed.  We had a good week otherwise and we have had some interesting lessons.

We were teaching this old guy that was a pastor in his day, and he came up with an interesting question "where in the bible does it talk about other worlds and planets that God created?" and he started going on about how he always questioned that and that he could never find the answer.  So I pulled out my triple and turned to Moses and explained things that talk about just that. 

Moses 1:3-4, 33-39
 And God spake unto Moses, saying: Behold, I am the Lord God Almighty, and Endless is my name; for I am without beginning of days or end of years; and is not this endless? And, behold, thou art my son; wherefore look, and I will show thee the workmanship of mine hands; but not all, for my works are without end, and also my words, for they never cease.  . . . .  33 And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten.  35 For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them.  37 And the Lord God spake unto Moses, saying: The heavens, they are many, and they cannot be numbered unto man; but they are numbered unto me, for they are mine.  38 And as one earth shall pass away, and the heavens thereof even so shall another come; and there is no end to my works, neither to my words.  39 For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

This man just sat there reading the passage over and over again.  Then he turned to us and asked "why is this not in the bible?" and so we explained to him how some things were taken out of the bible and these were revealed through the Prophet Joseph Smith.  At the end of the lesson he turned to us and said "You have the truth!  You have the truth!" I was super happy and we are trying to get him to come to church and hopefully he will continue to learn more.
  
Hahaha funny lesson was when we were talking to a family and asked why they could not come to church, and the mom of the family starts going off about how they have to go to the hospital, then she started to go too deep and explained that her daughter has some personal medical problems so she has gained weight and her voice has changed, etc.  Haha too much information lady! The daughter was just sitting there mad and silent.

Another highlight of my week was teaching this part member family and the man that is not a member in the family after watching the restoration and reading the history of Joseph Smith, turned to us and said "you are the first set of elders in 10 years to actually spark my interest and get me thinking about really asking God if this is true. I don't know what it is but I want to know."  So that was good.

So overall we really had great lessons and great people to teach.  I love teaching the gospel!

Also, we found a fat cat, definitely a house cat that look like Jazz (grandma’s Hawaiian cat).  He was walking on the street alone, so I picked him up and took him to one of my favorite member family here in the ward, and now my cat has a home.  Their cat recently got run over by a car and now they have a replacement for their dead cat.  They were happy to get another one.

Well, have a good week and take care.  I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment