Monday, November 17, 2014

2014-11-10 & 17: The gospel of Jesus Christ does change lives



11/17/14
Another week down here in the mission and it is week six of the change... I feel like I am getting changed next week.  I am 99% certain that I will get changed.

I have been working this past week like a dog trying not to leave any regrets, but I have this sadness starting to build up thinking about leaving.  Nevertheless we had a good week.  We are trying to work more with the members and trying to get them excited and more involved in the work.  I realized that I am going.  It’s going to be hard to leave this area.  The elders will only be here for a short amount of time, and in order for the change and progress you made with someone in the area to continue, the ward and members need to pick it up and there should be a smooth handoff.

One of the things that was a highlight of my week was doing divisions with our Elder P.  We worked together and got a lot of work done and I learned a lot.

We were walking to a visit and I felt like we should change plans and go visit N.  We had not visited her for a week because we just wanted to give her a break to think about things because she was not progressing.  We started and we taught about the Book of Mormon.  I asked her if she really felt like she was doing her part in reading the book to get an answer and she said no, but we challenged her to read.  We asked her in what way did she expect to receive her answer and she said a dream.  So we said okay and left.  The next day we passed to see if she was going to be able to go to church with us.  She said no, but she said that she had a dream.  Haha we got all excited. She said, she didn't understand what it meant.

She said she dreamed about me.  That I was walking alone, dressed all in white from head to toe, down an endless highway, with darkness on both sides of the highway, and that I was carrying the Bible and Book of Mormon in my hands.   She said in the dream she was calling out to me but I did not turn to look where the voice was coming from or did not respond to her at all. 

I am still thinking about her dream.  What do you think is the meaning of her dream?  I was thinking about Lehi's dream.  Maybe we need to share that with her on the next visit.

I had a good week!  I love you guys and until next Monday, have fun!



11/10/14
Hi guys, I am really enjoying my time here in the mission.  Sometimes I just wake up and I can't even remember all the people that we talk to or all the lessons we teach.

We are teaching a whole bunch of people and some of the highlights of my week was teaching family members of the Familia O.  Before the baptism of E, other people in the family did not have any interest in what we do or didn't really want to get involve.  But now we have a baptismal goal for the 22nd with 2 of her cousins and her sister. Even the sister's boyfriend now wants to get married and baptized soon.

Every Wednesday we have an activity in the church called "Mormon night" and the members invite and bring family members, investigators etc. and we share a message, play games, and have a snack.  These people are really enjoying it and they said that they are ready to change.  The messages that we share are inspiring them to make the right choices.  They want more commitment than just living together.  I’m just so excited for them.  The best thing about missionary work is that I get to see people change.  The gospel of Jesus Christ does change lives.

Another highlight of my week was a bonfire we had Sunday night with the Familia O.  We made s'mores and just talked story and just had a good time.  I introduced them to making s'mores. I showed them how to make them.  I couldn't find graham crackers and Hershey’s chocolate is expensive so we bought cookies with chocolate on them.  It went great.  All in all a great week.

Love you guys and have fun!  I am so happy that coach got sealed!
 Love those s'mores

My buddy!

Oh shots!
Sister Medina giving me Shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment