Monday, June 9, 2014

Happy Father's Day to the BEST DAD IN THE WORLD!!! Thanks Dad, I Love You!


First off, Happy Fathers Day Dad!  I never really appreciated you and mom before, but I want to thank you for all that you have done for me.  You have always been there for me in the good days and the bad, and always trusted me when I didn't deserve it.  Thank you for being a good role model.  You are always there to get me up when I am down and fallen.  YOU ARE THE BEST DAD IN THE WORLD!!!  I hope that I can be as best as you are and be as good to you as you are to me!

Hey you guys!  Well today was a good week, and we are progressing surely, and we have found that the best way we can find better success is through the members.  I have a testimony of the members working with the missionaries because the people that we are teaching now that was referred by the members or have contact with members are way more receptive than those who do not have any contact with the members.  We were struggling at first to find people, but now that we have a new bishop things are getting up and running.  President Monson said that "now is the time that members and missionaries work together." and it is true.  We are planning on having a wedding this month for an investigator, and J and G are doing well.  

Today I found out that I will be killing my comp. Elder Moss.  [This means Hunter's companion will finish his mission with Hunter before he goes home]  He has one change left, and we hope to make it a great one.  This week a lot of things stuck out to me from day to day, and one of the bigger messages this week was example.  I was studying in Mosiah chapter 4 verse 11 and there is a phrase that goes along the lines of: once you learn or know these things, see that you do them and that is great.  We have the knowledge, why don’t we apply it and live what we preach or learn.

There is a new video that I love from the church and it is "Gracias a Él " or "Thanks to Him" or “Because of Him” and I always feel PUMPED when I watch it, makes me want to preach to the world.  I recommend it to everyone. [video can be seen here: http://easter.mormon.org/ or https://www.lds.org/youth/video/because-of-him?lang=spa for the Spanish version]  I have a greater appreciation for the Atonement than I had before.  We have the chance to become better everyday through the atonement, and I am grateful that we have a Savior that died for us.  A lot of people here do not want to progress in life, and it is hard, but we have to progress, we need to progress because as Mormons and members of this true church, with the knowledge, we cannot afford to stay where we are.  Progress and application is necessary.

Tell the Lotomau family I just got the package this week and tell them THANK YOU!!!

Well have a good week guys! Do well in school and in baseball Elijah... I can’t believe you are starting high school!  Don’t be as dumb as I was!  I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment