Monday, July 7, 2014

2014-07-07 Mountain Tops Are Always Spiritual Places


I am glad that everything is going good back home with you guys, and it sounds like everything is in line for the house.  I just got the letter with the pictures of the house, and the other with Elijah’s graduation.  The house looks really nice! Haha it comes with a hot tub! Elijah looks so big.  I think he is going to be bigger than both of us dad... oh well we can double team to take him down! 

Well this past week was good, and we have been making sacrifices and working harder to find the success we want.  My comp. goes home in 2 weeks, but I still have him working.  It is like a car battery or when you do service. You can't stop or rest, because if you rest or stop, you will not be able to get up and go again.  Wednesday, we had interviews with President and Hermana Crapo.  They seem like really good people.  The interviews went well, and it was basically just to get to know us I guess... but he kind of reminds me of dad's personality.  He is really calculated, calm, and serious too.  A lot of the missionaries were saying the difference between the Watts and Crapo is that Hermana Watts had an in your face love for the missionaries. But they are good people.

4th of July went well and I wore this American flag button up shirt to weekly planning. Haha all the Latinos were giving me crap for it, but oh well.  

The highlight of my week was Sunday and this morning.  Our investigator JV on Wednesday told us that he was reading about Moses and how he went up to the mountains to communicate with God, so he asked us if we could fast on Sunday until Monday, today in the morning, and that we would go up to the mountain and pray for an answer if what we are teaching is true. So we fasted from 6 am yesterday morning until 5 this morning.  We woke up at 4 am this morning and we went to his house, and then climbed up the mountain to pray for his answer.  That was one of the most spiritual experiences I had in the mission I think... He didn't want to tell us how he felt, but he was crying and so on Wednesday we will find out what the answer was.  We went up, knelt down to pray and just sat there thinking and pondering. I have never felt more calm and peaceful in my life other than being inside of the temple.  It was a very spiritual experience.  But pray for him!

Well I hope you guys have a good week! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment