Monday, July 28, 2014

2014-07-28: Working Hard


Well, we have been recalcitrant in sending out Hunter’s emails.  Below are the last that couple that came in:

2014-07-21 Email

This past week was kind of slow, not because of other things, but because we made it slow.  Elder M dies in 2 days, and so this past week was just doing things that he won't get to do back home like eat food from here, and visit all the members and people that we have been teaching.  It was a slow week, but one of the fastest now that I look back.  I swear my comp spent over 400Q only on food this past week... but it was fun. 

A lot of the members have been more open now, and hopefully we will be able to keep the lines of connections open with the missionaries.

Last week a hermana that returned from the mission had a quote that is pretty cool, and she said that it was her motto in the mission:

     LOVE is the MOTIVE
     OBEDIENCE is the PRICE
     FAITH is the POWER
     THE SPIRIT is the KEY
     CHRIST is the REASON

That is pretty cool.  She said when we develop a love for the person next to us, especially the people that we meet and teach, the people in the mission, that is when you are reflecting and walking the same path that Jesus walked.  He was spit upon and rejected, but he had a perfect love for everyone. 

The silver lining in the cloud this week is that we had a ton of investigators come to church, including J.  So we will see how things go.  Well I love you guys, and have a good week!  We will continue to spread the word and push the work here in beautiful Guatemala! Until next week!
2014-07-28 Email

Well this week was the fastest week of my mission so far... we worked our butts off.  Changes were on Tuesday so we went to changes to receive my new comp and to kill my old comp.  My new companion is Elder L.  He has 13 months in the mission, but I go into the room to get changes from the assistants and they say " Your new comp has more time than you, but you are senior comp!" I laughed and asked why, and they said "just work him hard."  So I go and I finally find the guy, and I gotta say that this past week has been really different.  We finished the change conference and then we go back to the area to work.  This guy is a good worker.  Knows how to teach and how to talk with the people, so all in all was a good week.  

We found 22 new people to teach this week, and taught 30 lessons in total this week, which was good.  It is kind of hard because like the scripture says there are many called but few are chosen.  And this past week we found and met a lot of people, but I feel sometimes that the area is dried out.  Like all the people that are chosen are members already. But we will continue to look for the chosen and prepared people.  This might be a long change, but I know that as long as I work hard and do everything we can we are fulfilling the promise that everyone will have the opportunity and chance to hear the gospel.

Well, I love you guys, have a good week and talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment