Monday, February 23, 2015

2015-02-23 Challenges and Blessings



Hey guys! This past week has been pretty crazy... actually one of the weirdest and frustrating weeks of my mission.

On Monday, we just went around saying goodbye to people with Elder R.  He is a great guy and I know that he will do better from now on out.  I was really touched because we had a good, long talk about how he turned it around with me.  Good guy, good missionary.

On Tuesday, we had changes and I received Elder G from El Salvador.  He has 7 months in the mission.   This past week has been the most challenging in the mission comp. wise... but we'll get to that later. 

After changes we went back to our area, and visited members and investigators, and as we were walking up this hill in the bottom of our area, these 2 cops stop us and say "drop your bags, and spread out on the wall."  They searched us and did a pat down, the cop even tapped my balls to make sure I wasn’t hiding a gun or something down there!  Haha I was laughing the whole time, and my comp was sooooo scared!  He says "we are missionaries!” and the cop says "I don't care if you have money!"  Haha and my comp looked like he was going to crap his pants.  They looked in our bags and books for stuff, and then took down our names. 

Wednesday, crazy stuff passed too, we went to an appointment at 2 in the afternoon and as we enter the house this old guy is having a seizure on the floor, so we pick him up and put him on the bed and he just keeps having these seizure attacks off and on, and he could barely breathe.  So we call the ambulance and like typical Guatemala emergency service, the ambulance did not come and we were waiting there with the guy practically dying there for about 45 minutes, and so we just went and got a taxi to take him to the hospital.  He is okay now.

Thursday, we saw a dead body on the street.  A group of people were surrounding the crime scene and I guess the guy was shot like 4 times and the cops were all running around looking for the bad guy.  We passed the scene on the way to an appointment and it was sad.  Then about an hour after we contacted a house and a guy let us in, all tattooed, and as we were teaching the lesson, he stopped us and talked about how he was an ex gang boss and how he had killed many guys, and how there are people from the other gang looking for him etc.  You could see death in his eyes... it was weird.  I felt bad and sick in the whole lesson.  I have only felt that way a few times in my mission in houses like that.

Hahaha oh well, we will see how things unfolds, time to crack the whip and straighten things out.  But other than that, I am loving the mission.  I love what I do and the people I meet!  Have a great week guys! Take Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment