Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2014-02-10 New Companion-3rd Gringo



Hey guys,

Well this past week was good.  Monday and Tuesday we were just packing up Elder Farr's stuff for his change.  Then we went and said goodbye to certain members that fell well with him.  Then on Wednesday, we showed up to change conference all worried.  Elder Farr's assignment is 4 de Febrero which is an area right next to the one that he was at before Palencia.

All week I was thinking "I am getting a Spanish companion"!  But my assignment is with Elder Hakanson from Owasso, Oklahoma.  It is unheard of to be with more than 2 gringos in the mission here.  Some people go their whole mission without a gringo comp... Apparently I look like a Latino so I am okay to put with the other gringos.  Elder Hakanson is a cool guy and we get along great!

After changes the whole week I just showed the area around to Elder Hakanson.  We are working with the members and investigators, and it seems like challenges pop up whenever someone gets close to the point of entering into the straight and narrow.  We have a baptism plan set for the 22 for a boy named Christian so hopefully that goes through.  Christian is the only person in his immediate family hearing our message because his oldest brother is a member, and we are trying to reach out to the rest of his family.  

All in all good week and we are trying to work hard and do all we can here.  I love the work here and time just flies... it is hard to believe that I have been gone for 6 months... I love you guys and have a good week!
 Elder Vincent and ELder Farr.

No comments:

Post a Comment