Monday, March 3, 2014

2014-03-03: Have No Fear!


I cannot believe it is already March... time flies.  This past week went really well.  We found more new investigators and are starting to teach them.  Our area is starting to look the best it has been in 7 months.  The ward is growing because a lot of members are getting reactivated, and the members are starting to see our work.

Wednesday we had a zone meeting where they split up the companions by older and younger companions, and they taught us separately.  There are many examples of companions in the Libro de Mormon.  The Zone Leaders taught about our roles as companions, but one of the hermana in our zone shot them down and told them that they were wrong and that there should be unity in the companionship, where both persons are equal, and none has the upper hand on the other.

Yesterday, we had a noche de hogar with a family in the ward, and the topic was on marriage, and how just like missionary companionships, there should be equality and unity in the home.

Tuesday and Thursday were just normal days of working that went by really quick.  Friday we had divisions with the Zone Leaders and my companion went with Elder Galvan his old companion to the Zone Leaders area named Azacualpilla.   Elder Jensen the other Zone Leader came to our area.  We went out to an area called Potrero Grande a little pueblo about 15 minutes bus ride away from Palencia.

I learned a lot from Elder Jensen and after today I really look up to this guy.  BASICALLY he does not give a crap about anything other than what the Lord wants and thinks about him, and what the needs of the investigators are.  He doesn't take crap from anyone and he does not care if you think he can't do something, he just does it.  In the lessons, he is very straightforward, but he has a genuine love for the people and would listen with real intent and you could see it.  He spoke with love, but with authority and understanding too.  At the end of the day, I really learned a lot from the guy.  He showed me just how I want and need to improve not only teaching and the work, but also in my personality and character.

Some of the tips he gave me as we talked and walked around is:  1) To not care about anything other than what the Lord wants from you.  You change and conform your life to what the Lord wants you to be, and all other influences from the world and from friends do not change you because you are focused on one thing.  2) That there are a few things that you can trust in the world.  It’s God, the gospel, and the atonement of Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost, and yourself.  You put your trust in God and the gospel, and all things will be well.  3) The last thing I learned is to have no fear.  Have no fear and don't be afraid to fail

That night we were lying in our beds and Elder Jensen and I were talking, and we stayed up talking story until about 11:30 (bad) but it was good.  And as Elder Jensen was talking I realized that I finally am doing something with my life.  I am actually very happy about what I am doing.  It is kind of funny but I feel like this place is home.  I feel comfortable here, and I feel like I am supposed to be here.  I have never felt better before in my life, and I know that I am supposed to be here, and that there is no other place that I would rather be right now!

The rest of the week went well.  Yesterday, I started a small fire next to our house and it turned into a wildfire that burned all the dry brush.  I will send pictures.  All in all good week!  I Love you guys!
 A little friend Elder Hakanson found for us.
The result of our fire we had while burning our trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment