Monday, May 5, 2014

2014-05-05: Yet another Transfer and a New Area



Hey guys! Well this week has been a wreck, and exciting at the same time.  Monday night the ZLs called and told us that I had changes AGAIN.  Haha I have been at almost every change conference ever since I started the mission.  So Tuesday was spent saying goodbye to members and people that I got to know here in the area.  The greenies came to our zone and spent the first night in the field doing splits with us.  It was kind of fun because I could remember the first night in the field that I had just like yesterday...  Wednesday we woke up at 5 and I finished packing and the taxi came for us at 6:30.  My new comp is named Elder Jeremy Moss from Cut Bank Montana.  He has 21 months in the mission and he is probably going to die (finish the mission) with me.  

Our area is called La Leyenda in Zona 18.  And once again I am in an area rebuilding and basically opening it.  The house is cool, and really big, but we only have water on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.  So we have to fill up a water container and have bucket showers on days without water.  The ward is called Barrio La Leyenda and the saving grace of this area is the members.  Since we have been rebuilding the area, all week we have been visiting and leaving with members.  I can tell you that they are really good... they are willing to help and leave with us which is much better than all the other areas where we have been rebuilding.  The area is freaking huge though, and it kind of reminds me of Jackpot, because it is a smaller town in the middle of a valley.  We walk a lot here, but I really like it.  

My companion is cool and we get along great... but I can't believe (no one can believe) the amount of gringo companions I have had in the mission.  It is unheard of to have 4 areas, 7 comps (5 of them gringos) in only 8 months.  The climate here has been rainy and windy all week, and I think soon rainy season starts.  It is kind of dry like a desert, but there is greenery here if that makes sense.  

Well for my birthday, I bought a cake and invited the other elders in my district over for cake on Friday night.  They sang happy birthday to me in Spanish, and everything went well.  Just working hard here and doing all we can do for the area.  Thank you all for the birthday wishes!  Haha I woke up at 6 like normal and I sat at my desk and read them all and started crying!  Haha I can't believe I am 19 now.  Oh well time ticks and advances, we cannot stop its advance... but what we can control is our advancement.  This whole week I have been trying to lose myself in the work... and time just flies!  

I will keep coach S in my prayers and it sounds like the bad news bears over there.  Elijah just have confidence in your calls as an umpire and don't let no one shake you.  You don't take back a call for no one... and just remember: When in doubt, CALL EM OUT!  Haha

Well, I love you guys and I will talk to you guys later!  I love the work, and I am doing my best out here!
 Beautiful Downtown La Leyenda in Zona 18
 

Spam and Eggs for Birthday Breakfast


No comments:

Post a Comment