Tuesday, April 29, 2014

2014-04-28: The work is moving forward



Another week down... and this week is the end of the change.  We still have not found out who has changes yet, will find out tonight.  I will have to let you know next week if I get transferred or I am staying here.  

Well, my 19th birthday is coming up and it is pretty crazy that almost a year has passed since I turned 18 and graduated.  I feel old!  But time ticks for everyone, and you just got to go forward and grow.  Enjoy your youth while you can!  Haha well thank you guys for the package, and everyone was teasing me because it was the biggest package they have ever seen an Elder get in the mission... but I really like the selection that you guys put in there!  The smoked salmon and the jerky looked really good, but I am saving those for last!

This week was much better than last week and we are working our tails off here.  To be honest I don't think I would want to live in a concrete jungle like this for the rest of my life.  It is like a maze here, everything is gated and packed, but I like the area.

I was sitting in a few lessons this week and in some of the lessons, we leave the house, and as I reflect back of the things that was said, I think that a few months ago I would not be able to explain what I said in the lesson... or a few months ago I would not be able to give counsel to a person or a couple regarding relationship matters.  We ended up giving marriage counsel for a family which was fun as usual because people don't understand how stupid the reasons that they are fighting.

This week I really enjoyed teaching this boy who is 16 years old, he is a golden investigator.  Even though he is somewhat awkward, we sat there for a good hour and 15 minutes answering his questions about the Book of Mormon and why it is important, etc.  He came to church on Sunday.  We talked to him yesterday and he read his homework and he prayed like we asked him to.  So we will continue to work with him, and I will let you know about the progress next week.

Well, everything is going good here, and the days just fly by.  The mission is preparing for the new mission president to come in.  I think his name is President Crapo or something like that, but there have been huge changes in the mission so far, and all I can say it that there has been some cleaning going on.  

I am glad that the couple in Palencia got married and was baptized!  Hakanson said that he was going to send me pictures, so I will ask him.  I am kind of bummed that I was not there, but oh well, I did my job.

That is cool that Elijah got to do the Harlem Globetrotters stuff!  Keep practicing baseball and get better.

I Love you guys and I hope you guys have a good week!  Haha I will try to do something for my birthday and thank you for everything! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Elder Vincent! We are so happy to hear that you had a great week! This 16yr old boy sounds truly interested and we are excited for the coming update! Just think a few years ago you would only now be able to go and serve The Lord on a mission and look at all you have been able to accomplish in just one year! We are so proud of you and thankful for your example! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete