Friday, June 19, 2015

2015-06-15 What a Privilege to Teach and Help our Brothers and Sisters


Hey guys well another week has passed quickly and a lot of things are happening.  I can't even remember some of the things that happen because it passes so quickly.  I just know that it was great!  My companion has asked why time goes by so fast, and I told him the mission will fly if you are working hard. 

This week has been good, we had to go to the city to sign papers for the visa of my comp.  We had to ride into town for 7 hours on a bus.  We went to bed at 10:30 woke up at midnight to get ready then we hopped on the bus at 3:00 in the morning to get to the city on time.  We got to the city at about 10:00 in the morning and we signed papers for 15 minutes and then we headed back to the bus station to wait for the bus to go back.  We had to make the journey with another pair of sisters in my district so it wasn't that bad because we had people to talk to, but we didn't get back to the house until 10:30 at night.  It was suuuuper long and suuuuuper tiring, but at least we got some things done and to make sure my companion is legal here.  

We had a super interesting visit with this man that has been progressing so much lately.  His name is A.  He has been married to his wife for 6 years and they have been trying to have a baby the whole time.  She is now expecting and she is well into her 9 months of being pregnant.  We found them a few weeks ago from a member referral.  They didn’t know what gender the baby is going to be.  So the member friend predicted and prophesied that they will have a daughter and was so sure about it and that he said he even dreamed about them having a baby girl.  So she finally gave birth towards the end of last week and it was a baby GIRL!

Last Sunday we had a cool visit with them and it was super spiritual lesson.  We taught them about the Plan of Salvation.  They are very receptive and we extended the invitation to be baptized.  He accepted and committed to be baptized in July!  He has been going to church.  It’s an awesome feeling!!!  I love what I do as a missionary… It is a privilege to teach and help our brothers and sisters on their journey of finding their way back to our Heavenly Father. 

In the Book of Mormon I am just starting the book of Alma.  Mosiah really impacted me a lot and I loved it.  The sermon of King Benjamin, the reign of King Mosiah, Abinadi and the conversion of Alma, Alma the younger and the sons of Mosiah... I love the Book of Mormon! It is a book that can change lives if you heed the counsel that it contains!

Well have a good week guys, I love you all!

Here are a few pictures from Las Pozas



 We cooked some breadfruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment