Monday, December 30, 2013

2013-12-30 Email: Just Moving Along.

I can't believe Christmas is over too.  This week went by so fast, and just yesterday we were sitting at our desks and I turned to Elder Farr and said, "How long ago did we talk to our families"?  It had only been 4 days but it seemed like ages.  In the mission if you are working your butt off and doing all you can in the day, not only does time fly, but you don't have time to think about anything else besides what is happening in the moment.  So when Sunday rolled around, it felt like a long time since Wednesday.  It was good talking to you too!  

Haha I am happy here mom... I feel happy working and even though some days you are so exhausted you can barely keep your eyes open on a bus ride.  It is great over here though.  Nobody came back from a mission and said it would be easy, they only say that it will be WORTH IT!

Yeah, I am thinking that after having 2 gringo companions they are not going to give me any more slack and stick me with a Latino companion for the rest of my mission.  It is kind of rare to be stuck gringo with gringo for some reason.  

But I kind of think that it will be like that when I get home...not being able to speak good English.  I want to learn Spanish so good that my English gets bad!

Haha I can't believe how time goes by... just last year I was on break from school too.  And this week will be 2014.  I have a feeling time will only go faster from here on out.  

This past week was kind of uneventful because of the Holiday season. Everyone here (in the whole world) gets wrapped up in the holidays that they don't have time to hear our message, members as well as the people.  But we tried anyways to get in and teach people.  

After I talked to you guys, it was kind of hard to hit the pavement again, but the next day the bagginess wore off and it was back to the grind again.  Our investigators are progressing and each investigator has their own obstacle to overcome, but we are working with them.  


Well, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  I can't believe that it is already 2014, but the clock keeps ticking... I love you guys, take care and I will talk to you next week!


Elder Vincent's study area.

No comments:

Post a Comment