Tuesday, August 26, 2014

2014-08-25: Determined to Work Harder



Well this week went by great.  I hit a year so that sucked, but we are continuing to work hard here.  The week went by so fast.  It seems to me that I wake up and next thing I know, I am getting ready to go back to bed.  This Thursday we had a meeting with a 70 and counselor in the area presidency named Elder Jose Alonso.  It was a really good conference and there were 4 zones there to listen and learn.  He taught a lot of things and a lot of the conference was about obedience.    

The other half of the conference was techniques and things that could help the work move faster. We have been applying the teachings that we learned.  So far, people are more willing to listen and we have stepped up our game on catching their interest.

One of the things I learned this week is diligence.  That even though we are working hard and getting things done, there are always other things we can do to be better and more diligent in the work. 

This past Saturday we had a baptism for M.  He is a great guy and I am glad that I was able to meet and teach him.  He is one of those people that were prepared to hear the gospel.  He said that the elders were trying to teach him 5 or 6 years ago but his wife was not interested at all.  But now he was ready to take the step.  The baptism went great and a member of the bishopric baptized him.

I am really enjoying the work here.  People are progressing and the work is going really well but sometimes Satan has a way to stop the work and spoil the things that are going well.  But I am determined to work harder and be better each day.

Have a good week and I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment